What a Week!


They’re gone.  And I am sad!  We had an awesome week and Brax, KK and I miss them already.  We are so fortunate to have family only a few hours away (not everyone, but half, which is better than none!)  but I wish we could take all the Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins spread across the U.S. and move them here!!  I would be a very happy lady!

In the meantime, we will have to settle on monthly or so visits, which I will not complain about because we cherish every minute!  We did so much despite the disgusting rain and thunderstorms that hung around pretty much all week. 

There was a trip to the beach where Brax finally got to put Kaelyn’s surfboard to use.  She is obviously still too small to take a ride just yet… but cousin Neveah was not.  We hung out and played in the sand (water is still pretty chilly) while Brax and Nev “shredded” those waves.



Being an elementary school teacher for eight years, I have visited Lion Country Safari on numerous occasions.  It’s quite the different experience driving through the animal safari in my Kia Sorento instead of a big yellow school bus with kiddos throwing up and whining for a bathroom.  If you’ve never been, you enter the “safari” and drive through a few miles of animals roaming around.  It’s pretty cool.  We had to pause while Zebras crossed the street and got up close and personal to a rhinoceros going number two.  Yum.  Once in the park we rode a few rides, fed the Lory birds, goats, and Cupid the giraffe.






The birds were hilarious… the minute we got in the birds flocked to Jack.  They wouldn’t get off him.  And once they broke the nectar out… it was all over.  The swarmed Grandma, Jack, and Cassie.  Nev got her cup and chucked it the minute the birds came dive-bombing her.  And as I’m sure you were wondering… yes, Cassie did get pooped on.  It was great fun!!







Cupid the giraffe was our favorite.  She (or maybe he) was so sweet.  It was a pretty amazing experience to be able to hand her lettuce and have her take it from your hand.  Even my timid Kaelyn couldn’t pass up the opportunity. 











We had big plans to hit the beach again, visit the pool, and other sun-soaking activities, but Tropical Storm Andrea had other ideas and so we did some shopping instead.  And on a trip to Target, look at what we scored….




It is super comfy and our baby girl loves it.  It’s hard to get her out of it!

Brax and I left little lady with the fam and went to find out the sex of baby two.  And as the doctor predicted… we are having another girl.  I am so unbelievably excited for Kaelyn to have a sister.  I know she would be close with a brother as well… but there is something to be said for the sister bond.  My sis is one of my BFFs and I am so so thankful KK and her sis will have someone to tell their secrets to, play babies with, talk about their boy troubles, stand beside them as their maid of honor, be an auntie to their babies, and you get the picture. 

I will leave you with some pics of our week.  Love family time!!















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lately

Appreciating: November!

Happy Birthday Chad