Pretty Ladies

It’s no wonder why my girls are the beauties they are… have you seen their cousins?!? Riley, Neveah, and Grace are so darn pretty… I feel for their daddies when they get a bit older!   We got to be a part of Nev’s First Communion a weekend or so back.  She looked like a mini-bride in her dress and loved every minute of it.  She even got to wear heels… watch out now!  It happened to be Mother’s Day weekend so I got to be with my mamma and sis, which was pretty awesome. 




Last week I finally took the plunge with potty training.  I have felt Kaelyn has been ready for quite some time.. she is demonstrating all the “signs” that “they” say to look for in order to be ready.  I stocked up on undies and “poo” prizes and tossed the diapers.  Well long story short, my girl likes her diapers and is not quite ready to give them up.  It was a long stressful day for both of us and the one thing I do know is that I did not want potty training to be a negative thing… and it totally turned out that way.  So I dug the diapers out of the garbage (not really… they were in the garage waiting for Lana) and will put the potty on the back burner until she is a little more interested. 




Speaking of Miss Lana… she is growing like a weed!  She eats three solid meals a day and is off the charts in height and weight.  She fills out her 9 month onesies quite nicely… and she isn’t even 7 months yet.  She can sit on her own… although yesterday while at the beach I left her for just a sec to grab something out of the beach bag and girl straight up face planted into the sand.  I’m talking in the eyes, up the nose, in the mouth, and tucked nicely into all those fatty neck rolls.  It was absolutely horrible.  The best part is she wasn’t even fazed.  I was freaking out and she just wanted the ball that had rolled away in the first place.  Her and KK are so different from one another.  Kaelyn's baby self would have gone into hysterics and our beach day would have been over no doubt.



And to end on a random note… my cell phone has been shattered into a million pieces.  Braxton was given a phone with his new job so I upgraded to his IPhone 5.  I have dropped the darn thing hundreds of times, expecting the worst, and finding it in one piece.  My Lala loves to grab anything in her reach and my phone is no exception.  Off the table it flew, and now I have a phone that is just waiting to slice my fingers to shreds.  Gotta love babies!!  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lately

Appreciating: November!

Happy Birthday Chad