Appreciating: January

We may not be far into January, but it has brought much to appreciate thus far.  My girls are growing up at lightning speed and it delivers some serious mixed emotions.  Just when you think it can’t get any better… they go and one-up them selves.  Adding a twist to the awesomeness of getting older…  as I watched Kaelyn cruise on her bike the other day, it hit me… in just a short matter of time she will be off to school and I will no longer have her at my disposal to hug, kiss, smother, etc.  I don’t know who is going to have a harder time that first day of school… her or me.  Enough with the sappiness, I bring you our January delights…

The Red Radio Flyer
Man did Santa deliver.  This girl has not gotten off her Radio Flyer since Christmas day.  She rides it everywhere.  Around the block, at the park, around the couch, in the bedrooms, over the dog, over the sister… everywhere. 



Lana likes to cause a bit of destruction no matter what time of day it is... especially nap time.  Hence the crooked picture.

Matching Jammies
Umm, yeah.   Matching jammies, seriously?... totally where it's at.


Smiley
Love that little one of mine... but oh. my. word.  She is into everything, every second of the day.  And never stops.  Like ever.  She's always has a huge grin on her face... makes it harder to get mad at her.  She knows what she is doing.







Soccer
We signed Kaelyn up for a month of soccer, knowing that the chances of her participating were pretty slim.  She's my shy girl...  until she's good and comfortable with you.  Then all bets are off.  She surprised us by kicking around a few balls before practice... hmm, maybe we wrong.  It's happened once or twice.  Yeah, not so much.  Once coach took the floor she was glued to my side.  It's cool... there's always next week.  Excuse the quality of these photos, I didn't want to be dork mom with my big old camera.





Sisters
Saving the best for last.  I can almost not handle these pictures… they love each other so darn much and I caught them having a moment in the basket.  Ugh… makes all those times when they are screaming and fighting over toys almost disappear.  Almost.


She loves to give Lana kisses
My absolute favorite


January still has much in store… like some certain relatives arriving in less than a week.  Can’t wait for the fun to begin!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lately

Appreciating: November!

Happy Birthday Chad