Happy 80th Birthday Grandma!!

Last weekend we headed up to Lido Beach to have a little Kracht Family Reunion to celebrate Grandma’s 80th birthday.  The woman doesn’t look or act a day over 60 I tell you!  We were a bit concerned that the out-of-towners coming in would be stranded with all the awful snow and ice but everyone made it safe and sound.

On Friday we arrived at the Helmsley Sandcastle and were greeted by my Aunt Kelli and Aunt Melanie.  While KK played in the sand we caught up on what must be over 10 to 15 years and waited as the rest of the troops trickled in… my dad and his girlfriend Sharon, Grandma, Cousin Kayla, Kelli’s husband Dennis, cousin Tad, Uncle Ed, Cousin Jason and his wife Alicia and their two children, Cassie, Nev, and Grace.  Jack joined us Saturday as he had an exam early Saturday morning.  I have not seen some of them since I was just a little older than Kaelyn and Cassie hasn’t even met a few Kracht family members so it was so wonderful to get reacquainted!

We spent the weekend eating like kings and queens, relaxing, and having a family photo shoot.  The weather didn’t really cooperate as it was foggy and cold all weekend… but no snow!!  Lana was her cute self for most of the weekend, not causing trouble unless it was naptime and she wasn’t sleeping.  Kaelyn on the other hand took separation anxiety to a whole other level.  My poor family and the poor photographer… KK would NOT let me take a picture without being attached to my side.  She did not cooperate and that will be obvious when the pictures come back and my adorable little girl has snot smeared across her face because all the horrible mean people (aka…the family who loves her so very much) were trying to keep her apart from her mother for a whole two minutes.




Helping Grandma open her presents

Dinner at Columbia Restaurant… Yum-O!!!
Nothing makes KK happier than having her very own loaf of bread… she even ate it into the shape of a heart!

My Aunt Kelli and Dennis arranged the whole weekend and did such a fabulous job.  We had such an amazing time and I am beyond thrilled to have been able to celebrate such a milestone with my Grandma!  I love her and sure don’t get to see her as much as I would like!  My Grandma and I have such a special relationship and we will always be "Good Cookers and Good Lookers!"  Thank you again for such a great time!! 

Dennis, Aunt Kelli, Birthday Girl, and Uncle Ed



Thanks for the cute pics Alicia!!



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!
My cutie is not feeling her best this Valentine's Day… she has a nose that's comparable to a leaky faucet.  She is feeling well enough to indulge in a few pieces of yummy chocolate though… who could say no to that??


 

Thanks for the cute outfits Nonnie!!


Saying Good-Bye…
This week we have slowly began the process of packing up (no fun, which is why I am blogging instead of packing!).  We have so much crap!! I am definitely not a pack rat… I already have 4 to 5 bags for GoodWill and I am just getting started.  We got together with KK's little man one last time for a date in the park and smoothies.  They are moving as we speak.. not as far as us… but South 30 minutes or so.  We are horrible mothers breaking these two up… but long distance relationships just don't work out.  They really are just so cute together though!!



This is what Lana does at the park… take it down a notch already!  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lately

Appreciating: November!

Happy Birthday Chad