Why September is the Best

The obvious… Fall is here!  Oh how I anxiously await a pumpkin spice anything, temperature dips (it's 80 degrees outside… wahoo!), breaking out my Fall themed tub of goodies and decorating (tricky this year with little miss I get into absolutely everything… but I managed) and of course costumes, candy, and turkey.

Backing up a little… September also is host to my birthday.  Getting older may not be all that exciting, but I am blessed beyond measure and have so much to be thankful for that I don’t mind it so much.  

Even better than Fall beginning and a day centered all around me is the fact that my Lana has finally realized, at least for the time being, that she will not win the sleep battle against her mommy… and has succumbed to my relentless attempts at getting her to nap.  Another… wahoo!

Finally, the very best thing about September, drum roll please…. my lovelies and I get to celebrate the man that makes us the three happiest girls around.  Braxton is the best hubby and daddy and I don’t know where we would be without him.  I love him more and more each day and am so happy for this day that he was brought into this world.  Happy Birthday Brax, aka Old Man.  J


Hey Daddy…





Kaelyn and I play "school" during the week.  She loves it and is such a smartie.  "I like school" she tells me.  She likes it so much that she requests it on the weekends as well.  No thanks... gotta give our brains a break at some point.  This past week we focused on the letter "E."  Oh how I love Pinterest... the ideas on there are endless.  Check out the elephant snacks we made.  Adorable!




 



My Lana... otherwise known as bruiser.  The kid needs to wear a helmet.  I can't keep up with her.  Every hour is something new.  Just in the past few days she has bumped her head numerous times, fell and bruised her ear on a table, rolled over and wound up with a bloody lip, he-manned the door off our entertainment center, and the list goes on.  Can't wait till she starts walking (can you sense the sarcasm?)!




Whenever Kaelyn hurts herself, she ask her daddy or I to kiss it and make it better.  For example, she stubbed her toe the other night and I had to bend down and give that big old toe a wet one.  So this morning, she was running around and slipped.  After a few tears she asked me to "kiss it."  So I kissed her elbow... and was then asked to... "kiss my butt."  She's lucky I love her like I do!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lately

Appreciating: November!

Happy Birthday Chad