The Great Outdoors


We are trying to seep up this gorgeous south Florida weather as much as we can… for soon it will be a hundred something degrees and going outside will be basically unbearable!  Braxton and I don’t love our current living situation but are trying to make the best of it, knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel…. which will be our very own home.  There are perks to living in an apartment complex, one being the very large pool.  It’s “heated” though I still find myself slowly easing into the water, but it also comes with tropical music and pretty palm trees so you almost feel like you are on some exotic vacation… almost!   In an attempt to get Kaelyn acclimated to the water as much as possible (so daddy can teach her to swim!!)  we try to visit the pool as much as possible.  She loves cruising the steps… back and forth, back and forth, and the other day she totally face planted into the water and for some reason I was moving in slow motion to rescue my baby.  It really was only a second but I was waiting for a cry fest and got nothing.  She went right back to what she was doing… unscathed.  I think she will be ready for those swim lessons sooner than we think.


This is the new face she makes like all the time!




Cutie pie finally has a tiny little sliver of hair that will hold a hair bow!  Hallelujah!  So now I’ve gone all obsessive… as I tend to do… and got all bow-making happy.  I will credit this to my sis… her girls have like 800 bows and I have always loved doing their hair in some adorable hair-do so I can slide one of those fancy bows in! 




We decided to stop in at the beach this weekend for the Surfing for Autism event.  Surfing for Autism is an organization that matches volunteers with Autistic children and puts them in the ocean… getting a chance to surf.  I was caught a bit off guard by the age of the “surfers” … I don’t see myself sending Kaelyn out in the ocean with quite a few of them anytime soon.  But… it is still a great cause and I’m sure the children thoroughly enjoyed it and K had a great time playing in the sand.






We also went for a little mini family hike at Blowing Rocks Preserve.  There wasn’t much of a trail but it was nice to be outside.  Our adventurous side got the better of us… check out the sign.  Daddy is such a rebel. 



No Pedestrians... but seriously... it's a trail!!


Hope you had a great weekend!

Comments

  1. She is such a bathing beauty and a cutie! Your bows are really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lately

Appreciating: November!

Happy Birthday Chad